External digital TV Tuner HDTV receiver and cable set top box (stb) QAM or ATSC with HDMI, component, s-video and composite video outputs, closed captions and RF analog pass through.
The DCT210 is a state-of-the-art 8VSB, 8VSB MP@ML, 64/256QAM digital TV tuner for ATSC terrestrial Over The Air (OTA) reception using indoors or roof antennas. It is also HD/SD Cable receiver for use with your local CATV service. Clear (unencrypted) QAM Cable signals required!
The DCT210, ATSC antenna TV tuner or QAM cable TV tuner and receiver, will also take high or standard definition, 8VSB digital signal, and convert it to analog video and audio output thus allowing use of old analog TVs. This HDTV receiver features 4 separate outputs: (1) Composite, S-Video and Component HDTV analog outputs making it compatible with analog TV sets and HDMI output for viewing in full high definition digital televisions.
In addition to its Stereo output, the DCT210 HDTV cable box features Optical digital audio pass-through for Surround Sound receivers or dedicated audio amplifiers.
The RF pass-trough output at the back of the unit makes it easy to connect the receiver to TVs with analog TV tuners.
The DCT210 features a user-friendly set-up guide that allows for easy channel mapping and installation. It is compatible with all Plasma Tvs, LCD monitors, Projection Tvs, Video projectors and regular analog TVs or monitors. (Verification of your A/V receiver with the tuner is required before purchasing).
Antenna TV Tuner (Digital Antenna TV Receiver)
Digital Cable TV Tuner (Digital Cable TV Receiver)
Use Also As Digital TV Adapter (DTA) For Unencrypted Digital Cable to Analog Cable
Typical Applications for External TV Tuners:
Monitor TV Tuner (Monitor TV Receiver)
Projector TV Tuner (Projector TV Receiver)
Home Theater TV Tuner (Home Theater TV Receiver)
Digital TV Tuner for HDTV Ready Analog TVs
Read more: Questions & Answers (Q&A)
- Tunes and decodes all 18 approved ATSC/8VSB DTV broadcast formats
- QAM 64/256 digital HD TV tuner Cable receiver (Require Clear QAM unencrypted channels)
- ATSC digital HD TV tuner over the air receiver (to be used with indoor or outdoor digital antennas.)
- Signal Quality Meter (Displayed bar represents SNR)
- High Definition: Selectable DTV Output resolution (480i/720p/1080i)
- Aspect ratio control in 4:3 and 16:9 mode
- HDMI, Component (YPbPr), S-Video and Composite (CVBS) video outputs
- Stereo Analog audio output - RCA jacks
- Digital Audio Optical output - Stereo 2.1 and Surround Sound Pass Through
- Built-in selector switch for channel 3 or 4 Digital to Analog Down Converter via RF Output (Can work as government converter box)
- Easy user interface: On screeen setup wizard On-Screen Menu
- Simple Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Auto or manual scan of programmed channels: Unmatched channel mapping options
- V-CHIP (parents control) & Closed Captions
- Support English, French, Spanish multi-languages
- Advanced sleep timer
- Very compact in size
Topographic conditions as well as weather conditions and sun activity
have great influence on TV terrestrial reception range. Selecting the right antenna for your location will determine the reception range and picture quality
of the DCT210. Read more on this subject.
Selecting the right antenna and materials.
Terrestrial digital reception issues.
DTV Multipath Interference.
Cliff Effect in terrestrial digital reception.
Cable TV Operators Compatibility
The DCT210 is compatible with Clear QAM channels of major cable operators such
as Cablevision Systems Corporation, Charter Communications, Cox Communications, Mediacom
Communications Corp. and Time Warner Cable.
For maximum satisfaction we strongly suggest to contact your Cable Operator and verify the Clear QAM channels available
through your local service.
See the list of operators.
Read more about Cable QAM and "Clear" QAM..
Other important topics you should read about:
Digital TV Network At Home - Using The Right Materials & Accessories.
Digital TV Channel Display.
International Digital TV Standards..
The DCT210 Terrestrial off-air external HDTV tuner and Clear QAM Cable receiver is an excellent device for use with
projectors and monitors featuring HDMI, Component and Composite inputs. The TV tuner provide excellent picture and crispy
stereo sound. Very useful with Projectors, DVD recorders and VCRs without integrated TV tuner!
Tune In To Digital Channels Only:
The DCT210 is a digital TV tuner and will tune in only to
Standard Digital (SD) or High Definition (HD) Digital channels. To view
the old analog channels (that is the lower band, old channels 1-99) an ANALOG tuner is required.
The DCT210 has Antenna (or Cable TV) pass through feature. While the DCT210 is in Stand By mode the antenna or cable TV signals will redirect to your TV analog tuner through the TV Out connector.
If your TV or projector does not have an analog TV tuner and you still want to see the basic program analog channels you have to use an external analog tuner such as the CATV5 or the CATV6.