DTVB102 is a user friendly Digital to Analog TV converter. The best choice to enjoy digital programs without changing your TV set! DTVB102 can convert all digital format programs to analog output. Be amazed at the crystal clear image that your older analog TV offers when connected to the DTVB102.
All Free to Air unencrypted digital channels can be viewed on analog TV set. Just connect the antenna coaxial feed to the F-type connector on the rear of the DTVB102 and A/V cable from the converter to your TV and your installation is done.
For best reception of both VHF (Ch2~CH13) and UHF (Ch14~CH69) terrestrial ATSC digital channels, an outdoor antenna can be mounted on the roof or another appropriate location. It should be aimed towards local DTV broadcast stations.
The DTVB102 digital to analog TV converter box has a signal Pass Through feature. It will pass the antenna signal directly to the TV when this converter is off! (RF Pass-Through function). If your TV does not have Audio/Video inputs you may send decoded programs to your TV on channel 3 or 4 using the built-in modulator function.
Note: This device is advertised and sold as Free to Air ATSC to Analog converter. However it may, or may not, display unencrypted Cable channels from a local Cable operator. This feature is not supported by the sales and warranty policies of this item.
Features and Specifications
- Selectable picture aspect ratios for 4:3 and 16:9 TV screens
- Support antenna signal pass through to TV
- Support for closed-caption information
- EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
- Support English, French, Spanish 3 OSD language
- Support RF Modulator output at channel 3/4 - For use with old TVs that have only coaxial cable RF input.
- Parental control keeps children from being exposed to undesirable material
- Plug-&-Play design for easy connection to a TV or monitor
- Converter Box: DTV Standard ATSC to Video Standard NTSC
- Digital Tuner: MPEG-2 Digital & Full ATSC Compliant for 18 ATSC formats
- Frequency Range: 57 ~ 863 MHz, Channel Coverage: Terrestrial, 2-69
- Frequency Range: 57 ~ 863 MHz: Channel 2 ~ 13 (VHF), 14 ~ 69 (UHF)
- Channel Bandwidth: 6 MHz
- F-type, IEC 169-24, 75 ohm connector for antenna input
- Video Output - 1-pin RCA jack, 1Vpp, 480i Resolution, NTSC composite
Analog Audio Output - 2-pin RCA jack (L, R), 450 mVrms (100k ohm)
- Antenna RF out Coaxial F-type, IEC 169-24, 75 ohm connector for Ch 3/4 RF modulator
- Meet NTIA CECB Energy Requirement
- Consume less than 1 watt of power in standby and 8 watt in operation
- User changeable auto sleep function.
- Size: 9.5" x 6 5/8" x 1.75" (W x D x H)
- 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz +/-0.5 %
Topographic conditions as well as weather conditions and sun activity
have great influence on TV terrestrial reception range. Selecting the
right antenna for your location will determine the reception range and picture quality
of the DCT210.
Read more on this subject here...
Digital TV Compatibility
The DTVB102 is compatible with all ATSC terrestrial free to air transmissions in North America.
Other important topics you should read about:
Digital TV Network At Home - Using The Right Materials & Accessories read here.
Choosing and Installing an Antenna for HDTV read here.
HDTV types read here.
International Digital TV Standards read here.
The DCB100 Terrestrial off-air external HDTV digital to analog converter box is an excellent device for use with
projectors and monitors featuring Composite Video or RF inputs only. The TV converter box provides excellent picture and crispy
stereo sound. Very useful with Projectors, DVD recorders and VCRs without integrated TV tuner!